How do I become a DJ in RLC or Second Life?
We are here to help!
We love answering your question about this topic. We are here to help!
Consider making us your streaming provider. We have highly trained technicians and the best pricing in the industry. Also, you will be able to access instant help using our live chat from our website, Skype (18 hours per day) superb 24/7 support ticket system, and toll-free phone tech support (USA). Click on the links below for pricing information or Contact us today for more details.
****** Now To Answer the Question *******
Hear is a list (although not exhaustive) to consider:
- Anyone can become a DJ in RLC or Second Life for starters! There is NO license or special permission to obtain from World Ops or Second Life
- Starting out as a new DJ will require WORK on your part.
- Obtaining the right tools
- At the very least, you will need a to purchase a streaming plan. One main reason you need a provider is that your personal internet connection is simply unable to handle the bandwidth that is required for all the listeners tuning in and the bandwidth needed.
- Consider your needs and your audience.
- How many listeners you want to reach etc.
- Look for quality for your money!
- The higher the bitrate, the higher the sound quality.
- Look for AutoDJ included. Auto DJ allows you to stream your music 24/7 without the need of your personal computer running all that time. Upload your music files, start AutoDJ and you will be streaming 24/7.
- Broadcasting: If you plan to go live, and if you are a serious DJ, you will. Then, you will need a broadcasting program that will connect to your streaming server. One of the best (and most expensive) is SAM Broadcaster Pro. We have high respect and use SAM Broadcaster Pro ourselves. However, there are other Broadcasting Progams (some of which is free) that you can download/purchase. Check out the list here.
- Setting up the stream in your club or zaby:
- Using the prop editor, select or create a prop (many use the jukebox prop for this purpose). In the function window scroll to "play music script." Enter your stream URL which will look similar to this: http://22.214.171.124:1234 (1234 being your port number). Click OK and all finished. Within seconds you will hear your stream. (Of course, you what to make certain AutoDJ is running.
- Advertise! Being a new DJ requires you to get the word out! We employee a professional RLC bulletin and graphic designer. Contact us for pricing.
Disclaimer: We only offer this article as help to you. We do not offer tech support for WinAmp and other Broadcasting Programs other than SAM Broadcaster Pro.
There are known issues of WinAmp not being able to connect when using Windows 10 and SHOUTcast v1.
If you have Windows 10 use a plan that offers SHOUTcast v2 or Liquidsoap
©2015 Quality DJ Streaming (qualitydjstreaming.com) QDJS. Copying this material is strictly prohibited